Thursday, November 11, 2010

A bit of an update

We are in the throws of potty training with Andy. We have a prize shelf now: he can earn 10 stickers (1 sticker for peeing and 2 for pooping) and get a prize: a Mickey Mouse book, a Dinosaur Train puzzle and a Arctic Batman complete with a motorcycle with a ski on it. Is it working? Nope. Hasn't peed once at home yet. However, we did buy super heroes underwear and he kept Batman dry at school all day yesterday - a true breakthrough - not one accident. So what's up? -he'll pee for his teachers and not for his loving parents. My feelings are hurt! We've gotten him to sit on the potty each night but nothing happens. It's sooooooooooooo extremley frustrating! His teacher told him that if he gets Batman wet he'll be sad and tell all this super hero friends that he did that to him and he doesn't want that, does he? It's obviously worked. I worry that he holds it too long and that can't be healthy.

Ethan on the other hand has been potty trained for quite some time although he's had issues with wiping his bottom after #2. So he has prizes consisting of "How to Train Your Dragon" and a lego helicopter set. If he doesn't require our help he gets a sticker. I'm hoping after 20 times, he will not need our assistance ever again. After all - he's five and should be able to do this, right?

I try so hard not to buy toys/gifts for the boys right now with Christmas coming up but we went to Old Navy last weekend and found a Batman shirt for Andy - all he wants to wear is Batman or Spiderman. He threw a fit this morning because I put Superman underwear on him and he was miserable.

I'm sure in 10 years I will find this hilarious and I hope you are laughing but right now it's not so funny!!

No comments: