Thursday, September 18, 2008

Going on a FAST road trip!

Saturday we are going to Almont (about four hours west of Denver) for Gregs' Aunt & Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary party. I'm looking forward to being there - I LOVE how pretty it is and there might even be changing colors - not sure about that. The party is at the ranch near their home and the patio is right on the river and it's GORGEOUS! I'm excited because we'll be staying in a cabin and it should be fun - wish we could stay longer but we can't - just doing an overnight deal.

HOWEVER - I'm NERVOUS as all get out over the drive. We did the long drives over the summer and they weren't that pleasant. Please let it go well!!!!!!! Please don't let Ethan get car sick! Please don't let Andy cry the whole way.

This is the second 50th anniversary party I've attended this month. It's so amazing to me and what's shocking is that if I want to celebrate mine, I will have to be 84 and Greg will be 90 - GULP! I'm just happy we're at 6 right now!

On two other notes: I've noticed I'm not good at posting pictures. I've been taking lots but for some reason it's not convenient for me to be dowloading on a daily basis - need to get better about that!

I forgot to put earrings in today. That's my total pet peeve when I do that!!!!!! How can I forget earrings??? I remembered the necklace and not the earrings. Ugh.

A couple personal notes:

Congrats to Heather who had her sweet baby girl on Monday! Will be thinking about her tomorrow when she has her heart surgery!!!!! I know she'll be a trooper!

Happy Birthday to my friend, Becky!

2 comments:

Cory said...

Have a great quick trip, Linny!! I hope the kiddos do well for the drive!!

Harmony said...

Have a safe trip!

For Ethan-try giving him some peppermints (altoids work great!), bring an old empty BIG margarine container with you...just in case, put a couple drops of peppermint oil in the car, and see if you can pick up some Sea bands (from the pharmacy) for him, give him a bit of Benadryl or 1/4 pill of Bonnie (like Dramamine but less side effects) and get some flavored rice cakes to snack on. Shayden's motion sickness is so bad she gets sick on a 15-minute car ride. These are all things we use with her and they work!