So I had gestational diabetes with both my pregnancies. They told me to monitor my blood sugar every once in awhile. Well, the last week I've been doing it every other day and it's been high and I'm baffled. I 've been exercising and I thought for sure it'd come down.
So I made myself a physical today for October 6th. I need to get this under control. Maybe I have the type 2 diabetes already (heaven forbid!) - they said I had a good chance of getting it withing 15 years. I'm going to really concentrate on the exercising and see if I can get it down prior to the appointment. YIKES - I'm scared! It was such a pain having it during the pregnancy - I can't imagine having it for a lifetime already. I'm not ready!
Maybe it's my monitor - I've had it for almost four years - I may try a different one and see if that's the answer. (I have a feeling it's not!).
On the bright side of this, I am motivated and have been going to sparkpeople.com and found a walking/jogging program that I'm starting. I have been eating better and hopefully I will start seeing some changes in the scale!! PLUS I got the Wii Fit and that's a load of fun so far!
So I'm going to make my health my #1 priority right now. I don't have any excuses anymore.
Wish me luck!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good for you Linny! I am so happy for you that you have a plan. Please keep us updated after you see the doctor.
Hugs!
H
You can do it Linny! I too live in fear that its coming back to haunt me.
Post a Comment