Friday, October 24, 2008

Big news this week

Well, I have one bit of bad news and two great things to report this week.

I'll start with the bad news: I was diagnosed with diabetes this week. I kinda knew it was coming - my blood sugars had been too high in the mornings and my gut was telling me. So the good news is that it's going to force me to eat right and exercise the rest of my life - how bad is that, really? It's what I should do anyway! They are starting me with a pill and I'm proud to report my sugars were within range the last two days! After being depressed for one afternoon, I've now accepted it and am just going to deal!

OK - Here's the real exciting news of the week: My son, Ethan, pooped in the potty last night for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so completely excited and proud! AND I'm praying it's the beginning of getting the potty training completed!!! He's been doing really well - he's wearing underwear most of the day now and only wearing a diaper at night. YAHOO!!!

Here's the shocking news: I've been doing a jogging program and this morning I jogged for 25 minutes in a row! I'm so amazed! I don't think I've ever jogged that long before - in the gyms I'd always do aerobics or the elyptical machine or the bike or the stairs but I've always disliked jogging but for some reason, this jogging program has been pretty do-able. My goal is to run the Turkey Trot 5K with my brother on Thanksgiving morning! I actually think I may be able to do it! YAY!

Should be taking lots of pics this weekend for Halloween celebrations! I hope to get them posted quickly!

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

Yay Linny you can do it!