Thursday, January 22, 2009

Simply Exhausted!

What they don't tell you when you want to have a baby is that your baby will get sick and he won't sleep and he will throw up in your bed and have accidents. AND you'll never know the true meaning of exhaustion until you have two sick children at the same time.

This past week has got me walking around like a zombie. I feel guilty for asking my Mom to watch the boys and then for having hubby stay home and miss meetings.

I just wish there was a way to have children that never got sick - pretty unrealistic, especially with having daycare children but a woman can dream!

Ethan has the worst cough. There is a confirmed case of croup in his class and I don't think Ethan is that bad but yesterday he had a 102 fever to go with it and he was just miserable. Andy has been doing better and is back at school but for a few nights he was waking up every two hours and was just miserable.

Wah - this is the whining post.

Hopefully we'll get everyone healthy over the weekend and we can get to a more saner and rested point.

I wouldn't trade being a Mom for the world and I guess it's better to go into parenthood ignorant and dealing with things as they get here than worrying about when all this will happen! A lot of my friends say it does get easier the older they get. I'm ready for easy!

I always think of the Steve Martin movie, Parenthood, where he chooses that he likes the roller coaster - it's a GREAT way to describe this journey we're on!

I have been bad and not been able to keep up with everything going on. My sister-in-law celebrated her big 50th! Happy Belated, Betsy! and my bro is celebrating his today! Happy B-day, Jeff!

2 comments:

Cory said...

Sorry you've got two sickies Linny. Without question it is the one part of parenting I would give up. Being a parent is hard enough; being the parent of a sick kid is even worse. Hoping they recover soon, and you get some much needed rest!

I Need A Drink! said...

I'm sorry Linny...I hope they get well and soon. And here's to praying for sleep! One day!